Across all sections of society, more than 70 organisations and 300 local community groups have worked together to help people across the UK demonstrate the important role trees play in their lives. Whispering Woods are now a charter organisation.
These helped to define the 10 Principles of the Tree Charter, ensuring that it stands for every tree and every person in the UK:
- Sustain landscapes rich in wildlife
- Plant for the future
- Celebrate the power of trees to inspire
- Grow forests of opportunity and innovation
- Protect irreplaceable trees and woods
- Plan greener local landscapes
- Recover health, hope and wellbeing with the help of trees
- Make trees accessible to all
- Combat the threats to our habitats
- Strengthen our landscapes with trees.
Sign the Charter here.
Join a tree planting day in the Bristol area here.